1NCE is the global Tier-1 IoT Carrier specialized in providing managed connectivity services for low bandwidth IoT applications such as Asset Tracking, Tank Monitoring, Vehicle Telematics, Smart Metering and Waste Management. Our services help businesses worldwide connect their devices effectively at a competitive cost.
Become an important part of 1NCE as a Cloud Software Engineer (m/f/d). Use the opportunity as a technologist with a passion for building solutions to develop your career with 1NCE in the IoT sector and drive success for our customers. If you have a passion for software development, troubleshooting and fixing issues in technology used by millions across the world and great communication skills, then you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry at 1NCE.
• Maintain clear, technical and concise communications, Resolve complex customer problems related to AWS, Serverless, or Kubernetes
• Maintain a close working relationship with 1NCE’s field, support and product engineering teams
• Architect and build distributed software solutions using AWS services and participate in overarching tech communities and interes groups
• Develop fixes, backport patches, and work with upstream for inclusion
• Demonstrate good judgement in technical methods and techniques and participate in team discussions to improve processes, tools and documentation
• Prioritise work and manage your time effectively against those priorities
• Professional experience as a software engineer
• A hands on approach when it comes to proposals, valuing working POCs over Diagrams
• Bachelor’s or equivalent in Computer Science, STEM or similar degree
• Strong experience with Linux, AWS (or similar cloud provider), Kubernetes or Serverless (preferred)
• Strong development-level experience with a high level programming language such as Typescript (preferred), Python, Go, Java
• Ability to troubleshoot with a debugger, tcpdump, wireshark and other tools and familiarity with git source code repositories and branching models
• You are interested in collaborating proactively with a distributed team
• You love technology and working with brilliant people
• You are curious flexible, articulate, and accountable
• You value soft skills and are passionate, enterprising, thoughtful, and self-motivated
• You have strong communication skills to discuss ideas and collaborate on finding good solutions
• You are fluent in English. Other languages are a plus
As a Cloud Software Engineer at 1NCE you will deal with critical issues in the stack that require software engineering for delivering connectivity to our customers. You have to be able to work productively at any level of the stack, in a range of languages, to understand and address the software issues at hand. Our group is critical to the success of our enterprise customers and partners.
You will be driving issues to resolution with workarounds, guidance, and fixes to be added into the main products owned by 1nce.
Therefore we are looking for real “doers” with a positive drive and energy who complement our team in the best possible way to grow together with us.